This is a very quick and easy Halloween craft, which you can do with kids. As you can tell from the photo above, we eat a lot of salsa in my house. I love re purposing the jars into storage and craft projects. The price is right, and recycling stuff that would otherwise be thrown away is always a good thing
The candy jars make nice Halloween gifts, and also be used as prizes for Halloween parties. Just have the kids try to guess the amount of candy in the jar, and the one who guesses closest wins the Candy jar as a prize. It doesn't get any better than that :)
- glass jar
- glue stick
- black glitter ribbon
- black card stock
- burlap fabric square
- clip art and printables from download files
- Take a glass jar that has a lid and remove the label.
- Fill the jar with candy and screw on the lid.
- Cut a square of burlap fabric and attach to the lid with a rubber band. ( I found really cute Halloween burlap at JoAnn's.)
- Cut glitter ribbon and tie around the lid to hide the rubber band.
- Download and print the label form the Halloween Glass Jar download files.
- Cut the label.
- Tie the label onto the ribbon, and tie the ribbon into a bow. Trim the ribbon at an angle.
- Cut the lettering and clip art with a die cut machine, or by hand with an Xacto knife. Files for most die cut machines can be downloadded here.
- Use a glue stick to attach lettering and clip art to the jar.