The friendly people at Elmer’s Glue decided to send me some glitter glue to try. They sent three bottles of sparkly adhesives colored, gold, silver and metallic black. I had heard that glitter glue slime is currently all the rage with the younger set, so I decided to give it a try and make some gold metallic glittery slime from the Elmer’s glitter glue samples.
I found out that slime is a fun and simple craft that even younger kids can make with almost no problems! No wonder it is such a favorite craft project! One of the best things about using glitter glue is that there is no glitter mess. This glue is terrific for crafting. The glitter is already in the bottle, which keeps your hands and countertops clean. We all love that!
Here are the easy directions for making glitter glue slime. This is a project you and your children will thoroughly enjoy! Glitter glue slime is made with only three simple ingredients, which you probably already have in your home!
- 1/2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1¼ tbsp of contact lens solution
- Six fl oz Elmer’s Glitter Glue
Directions (As recommended by elmers.com):
1. Pour out the entire contents of a 6 oz of Elmer’s Glitter Glue into a bowl.
2. Add ½ tbsp of baking soda and mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula.
3. Add 1¼ tbsp of contact lens solution.
4. Mix with a spoon or spatula until mixture gets harder to mix, and slime begins to form.
5. Knead the slime with your hands on a countertop or plastic board.
6. If your slime is sticky, mix in some more contact solution.
You will want to store your slime in a plastic container to keep it fresh and pliable. You will surely want to stock up on glitter glue to have on hand for your children to make glitter glue slime whenever they want!Why not make some glitter slime with your kids today! A good time is guaranteed for all!
A word of caution: Adult supervision is necessary when making slime.Always use common sense when making slime. Contact solution can be dangerous if it is ingested. Always make sure to wash your hands before and after playing with slime.