Poppy's are beautiful flowers, and paper versions are so easy to make. This project has paper flowers made out of three different kinds of paper, for three effects.
Poppy made out of textured cardstock
Poppy made of scrapbook paper.
Paper (card stock, coffee filters, or scrapbook paper depending on style of flower.)
Green floral tape
Brown flower tape
Floral wire cutters
Watercolor paints (used to paint coffee filter petals)
Button for center if making the flower with scrapbook paper and wish to have a "country" look.
- Download the poppy flower template.
- Cut out six petals.
- Poppy's are by nature crinkled flowers. To mimic this in our paper flowers we need to fold each petal, and then twist and unfold as in the following picture.
- Cut a piece of floral wire to the length you desire, and attach petal to wire with floral tape.
- To make the center wrap brown floral tape around a piece of floral wire, and then fold the floral wire in half, as in the picture below.
- Cut out square black piece of paper and cut out fringe ( follow example on template) and attach with floral tape to the brown floral tape center piece.
- Arrange the petals around the center and wrap stem with floral tape to secure.
- Enjoy your beautiful paper poppy flower craft.