This paper flower project looks quite complicated but it actually quite easy to make.The cutting may seem a little difficult, but even children will be able to cut along the lines with a little help from Mom.
- Hot glue gun
- glue stick
- medium weight beige paper
- brown card stock
- floral wire , wooden dowel, or bamboo skewers
- brown floral tape
2. Cut template out from medium weight beige paper. If you want the paper flower to be similar to the photo above cut out two beige templates.
3. Fold the template lengthwise being careful not to crease it, and use glue stick to glue the bottom edge together.
4. Wrap floral tape around the dowel, or floral wire to form a stem for the cattail.
5. Glue the tip of the template on the top of the stem with a bit of hot glue as in photo below.
6. Wrap the template around the stem a glue the end to the stem with a bit of hot glue.If you want the flower to be fuller glue another template and keeping on winding. Fasten the end to the stem with more hot glue. Wrap the base with more floral tape.
7. Cut out 2 leaves and fold and crease to make the leaf look realistic and attach to stem with floral tape.