Are you the type of person that loves flowers, but wishes they would last a bit longer?,
Paper flower crafts may be for you. There is an amazing choice and quality of paper available today, allowing you to make realistic looking flowers.
On the other hand paper flowers can come from pure fantasy. The flower craft featured in this article is in the fantasy category, and could actually be considered floral art.
Although the projects looks complicated, it is really easy to make. All you need is a little bit of patience, and the willingness to follow each step in order. You will be amazed how beautiful these paper flowers look ,the photograph does not do them justice.
Make some for you next party as a decoration, or even just to display in your home. Then stand back and be ready to receive the compliments!
- 3 inch styrofoam balls
- quick set tacky glue
- bone folder or embossing stylus
- My Minds Eye Bohemia Bella "Sweet Sisters" Paisley/Brown scrapbooking paper
- green cardstock
- green floral tape
- floral wire
- paper covered floral wire
- wire cutters
- scissors or cutting machine
- Download pdf template
- Cut out aprx 97 petals from My Minds Eye paisley scrapbook paper
- Cut out four .5 inch circles from My Minds Eye paisley scrapbook paper
- Cut out 7 calyx from green cardstock
- Cut out one 1 3/4 inch circle from green cardstock
- Glue the four .5 inch circles onto the top of the ball. Make sure the brown side of the paper is up.
- Glue petals brown side up, round side towards top around the 4 circles.
- The next row of petals should be paisley side, pointy side up. Curl the pointy side of the petal outwards and place glue on botton half of petal.
- Glue a row of petals around circumference of styrofoam ball.
- Continue glueing petals to ball until you have enough rows of petals to almost cover the styrofoam ball ( about a 1 inch circle should be left uncover on bottom of styrofoam ball.
- Curl the seven green calyx pieces and glue to the bottom of the styrofoam ball in a circle, pointy side curling outwards.
- Glue the 1 3/4 round circle to bottom of ball over the calyx pieces.
- Wrap floral tape around the wrapped floral wire. This will be the flower stem. Push the stem into the bottom of styrofoam ball.
- Using and embossing stylus or bone folder, emboss the leaves as in the picure.
- Wrap two 7 inch pieces of regular floral wire, with floral tape.
- Glue one wrapped floral wire to the back of each leaf spine for stability.
- After the glue dries, use floral tape to attach leaf to stem of flower.
- Arrange the flowers as desired.