Are you hosting a party for a bride or mother to be and looking for inexpensive yet stunning decorations for your party? Paper pom poms may be the solution for your problem Paper pom poms are incredibly easy fast and easy to make, requiring almost no artistic abilities, and look great when hung in groups.
I found that Walmart sells tissue paper the cheapest. They carry many beautiful colors, and cost around $1.00 per package. One package of American Greeting tissue paper contains 8 sheets, which is enough to make one pom pom.
Just follow the instructions below and in no time you will have decorations that your guests will ooh and ahh over!
- Tissue paper (8 sheets per pom pom)
- Floral wire
- fishing wire ( to hang pom pom)
- Stack 8 sheets of tissue paper and fold accordion style in 1.5 inch increments.
- Tie the pom in exact center using floral wire
- You may trim the edges using a rounded edge or a pointed edge.
- Carefully pull up the tissue paper one sheet at a time, and fluff into the shape of a round pom pom.
- Using the fishing wire, tie one end of wire to pom, and tie other end to hook or tape onto ceiling.