OK, I admit it. I am way behind the times. In fact, I am a couple of years behind the times regarding doodle art.
I had no clue what Zentangle was until about a week ago. I was strolling through my favorite artist supply store and ended up in the book section.
I happened to notice a Zentangle book and was immediately drawn to the beautiful Zentangle drawings on the books cover. These drawings looked complicated, beautiful and mesmerizing all at the same time. Why did I not know about this? How come I hadn’t been told?
As I browsed through the book , I saw the steps it took to make the complicated patterns and shapes. It didn’t seem too hard at all. I bought the book, went home and started doodling. It was quite fun and relaxing, I was hooked!
I came up with the Zentangle inspired bookmarks pictured above. Feel free to download the pdf file and print your own book marks. One can never have too many bookmarks or books for that matter 🙂
My bookmarks were drawn and then scanned into the computer. I then used Adobe Illustrator to clean up the art. This however is not necessary. Often beautiful hand drawn works of art have character that can never be reproduced by computer software. The choice is yours!
Download the free printable here
Please follow and like us:
Many people feel that books are going to be a thing of the past, because of the popularity of the Kindle, Nook and other electronic book readers. I own a Kindle and use it for various tasks, but I still love reading the old-fashioned printed book.
Nothing beats sitting in your favorite chair, a book tucked into your lap, turning pages and getting engrossed in a storyline. I love the look and feel of paper books and going to bookstores and browsing the shelves. It is unfortunate that Borders had to shut down, and Barnes and Noble closed many of its stores because they couldn’t compete with digital download sales. Bookstore browsing has always been my favorite “date” with my husband. We both love reading, and it was always fun to look at all the new books, music and drink coffee in the cafe.
Today’s papercraft is a bookmark with a twist. The bookmark has magnets attached to its backside. It is both attractive and stylish, and you will never lose your page. The magnets grip the sheet firmly, and the bookmark stays in place. Make yourself a bookmark, and make some for your friends today! A bookmark is a very easy and quick paper craft.
The supply list and instructions are at the bottom of this post.
- one sheet white cardstock
- one sheet colored card stock
- adhesive spray
- die cut machine
- hot glue gun
- Download templates files. Files for most die cut machines are available in this download. If you do not have a die cut machine, it is possible to cut the template out by hand with an X-Acto knife.
- Cut the back of the bookmark out of the white sheet of card stock.
- Cut the front of the bookmark out of the colored sheet of card stock.
- Spray the back of the colored card stock cutout with adhesive spray and carefully attach it to the back piece of the bookmark.
- Fold at the score line.
- Glue the magnets to the inside of the bookmark with hot glue, making sure the magnets join when the bookmark is closed.
- Now, make your self a cup of coffee or your favorite drink, sit in your favorite comfy chair and read that book you have been meaning to get to. 🙂 You deserve it!!!!!
Please follow and like us: