- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
- ISBN: 9780804846776
- Format: Hardcover
Date Published: 03/07/2017
- Illustrations: color photos throughout
- Number of Pages:192
- Trim Size: 10 1/2 x 8 1/2
- Origami art has come a long way since the simple paper crane! New Expressions in Origami Art features 25 of the most import paper artists today. These artists are transforming the art of Origami to higher and higher artistic levels. They go beyond the simple steps of folding and creasing paper squares into animal shapes to producing political and cultural statements with their paper art sculptures.
- The Israeli artist Miri Golan, for example, uses her paper art as a way to combine her love of teaching Origami with social activism. She has educational programs in all Christian, Jewish and Muslim schools in Israel. She believes that origami can go beyond mathematical concepts and help people form relationships and overcome their differences. She has created an organization called Folding Together that unites Palestinian and Jewish children.These are kids that otherwise would never have had the opportunity to meet one another. The fun of origami folding becomes the basis of new friendship opportunities.
- Each chapter of the book tells the story, techniques, and philosophy of a featured artist. These sections also have detailed examples of the artist’s best works. The photos are gorgeous, and the paper art projects are phenomenal. If you love creating paper art, you will find this book a great source of inspiration. Even if you are not an artist, you will love looking at the beautiful photos. This book will surely be displayed proudly as your favorite coffee table art book.
Please follow and like us: