Petal envelopes add a touch of elegance to your invitations. To make the above project either buy a pochette style envelope from a paper supplier (it must measure 5.25 x 5.25 inches when folded) or download the petal patterns from this site. We have provided a pdf template, or if you are lucky enough to own a paper cutting machine, a WPC file is also available.
A word to the wise: if you are making lots and lots of invitations it is easier just to stick with the pre-made envelopes!!
- Brown card stock or pre-made pochette envelope
- Coco and Blue Dotted Circles Scrapbooking Paper (The Paper Studio)5 x 5 ” brown card stock square
- white card stock
- light blue grosgrain ribbon
- spray adhesive
- Cut out petal envelope or use a pre-made envelope.
- Spray one side of petal envelope with spray adhesive.
- Place scrapbook paper face up on the sprayed side of the card stock petal envelope.
- Smooth out scrapbook paper and apply pressure to make paper adhere to card stock envelope.
- Cut scrapbook paper to the edge of petal envelope with scissors.
- Spray the brown card stock square and place carefully onto the center of the envelope and apply pressure to help square adhere to envelope.
- Using your favorite word processing software place a picture of a 4.75″ x 4.75″ square onto an 8.5 x 11 page setting.
- Insert wording desired into the square and print onto white card stock.
- Cut 4.75 x4.75″ square from white card stock.
- Spray 4.75″ square with spray adhesive and place carefully onto the center of the brown card stock square.
- Fold petal envelope and wrap and tie the grosgrain ribbon around the outside of the card.
Your beautiful invitation is now ready to be given to your party guests.
Category: Free SVG Files, Greeting Card Crafts, Uncategorized