How to Make a Glitter Christmas Lantern DIY
I have discovered something fantastic this year. I don’t know why I was unaware that it existed. I found glitter wrapping paper, and realized it is great to use for glitter Xmas lantern DIY projects! It is easy to cut and is so cheap when compared to 12 x 12 glitter scrapbook paper.
Walmart sells several colors of glitter wrapping paper at $4 per roll. Glitter scrapbook paper costs $1.99 per sheet in my area. What a difference! We all are trying to save money where we can, as paper crafting can be expensive.
Just cut the wrapping paper into 12 x 12 squares and use adhesive spray to attach it to 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock. Voila! You now have glittered scrapbook paper for pennies. Gotta love it.
On to today’s glitter Christmas lantern DIY project. Decorate your Christmas table with easy to make tabletop glitter Xmas lantern DIY. They are simple to construct and look fantastic when lit with led tea candles. The triangle tree lanterns will add a touch of modern design to your Christmas decor.
- Glitter wrapping paper
- 12 x 12 card stock
- Spray adhesive
- Glue Stick
- LED tea lights
- Download template from easypapercrafts.com
- Attach 12 x 12 square piece of glitter wrapping paper to a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock with spray adhesive. Press firmly with hand and let dry. ( About 30 minutes)
- Use your die cut machine to cut out the glitter Christmas lantern DIY. You can cut by hand, but it will take time. Just transfer the pdf template to your 12 x 12 glitter cardstock, and cut out with a ruler and X-Acto knife.
- Score and fold at fold lines.
- *This is important.*Remove the glitter paper gently on the tab area. Glitter paper will not stick when glue is applied. You must remove it from the tab, to attach to the back of template and form the 3d tree.
- Put an led tea light under the tree to light. It is much safer and easier to use electric tea lights.
- Cut out 2-star shapes as above.
- Glue a toothpick to the back of the one-star shape. Glue the back of the second star and place over the toothpick. Place the star into the top hole of the 3d Christmas tree.
- Enjoy your beautiful and easy to make glitter Christmas lantern DIY.