Who doesn’t love cupcakes? Make some “calorie free” paper cupcakes as a favor box for your next party.
This paper cupcake craft is cute and would be perfect as a bridal or baby shower table decoration. Best of all, these are cupcakes that you can enjoy without guilt! I have included free die cut files for download, which include the petal shapes for the “cupcake,” and the wrapper. Follow the easy instructions below.
- 3 inch round paper mache box with lid
- 3 inch round Styrofoam ball
- tacky glue
- foam hot glue sticks
- glue gun
- 12 x 12 paper for bottom of box and wrapper
- 12 x 12 paper for top of cupcake
- pearl gemstones
- Die cut file download
- Cut a 9″ x 1.5″ square piece of paper. Use tacky glue to attach to the bottom portion of the paper mache box.
- Cut a 9.5″ of ribbon and use tacky glue to attach to the bottom portion of the paper mache lid.
- Cut the Styrofoam ball in half with a serrated knife or foam cutter and glue to the top of the paper mache lid with hot glue that is compatible with Styrofoam
- Download the die cut files. Cut out petal shapes by hand or with your die cut machine. Files compatible with most devices are included in the download files.
- Glue a pearl gemstone to the center of each petal. Give each petal dimension by crimping the petal edges.
- Starting with the bottom of the lid using a glue gun to attach the petals to the top of the box (use the picture above for clarification).
- The paper mache box now has a cupcake shape, and you can stop at this point if you like. I thought the box looked much better with a wrapper.
- Cut out the wrapper by hand or with your die cut machine. Insert the tab into the slot and place the box into the wrapper.