Who doesn’t love flowers? This spiky dahlia welcomes spring into your home and lasts so much longer than real flowers! It takes one sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper to make one Dahlia (minus the leaves)
- One sheet 12 x 12 scrapbook paper of your choice to make the flower head
- One sheet of green scrapbook paper for leaves.
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Fast drying tacky glue
- Embossing tool
- Download the spiky dahlia template.
- Follow the template and cut out the specified amount of petals and leaves.
- Glue a 12-inch piece of floral wire to each paper petal with a fast drying tacky glue
- After the petal is dry and the wire is securely attached, wrap the bottom corners of the petal around the wire and then wrap with floral tape.
- Repeat with each petal
- Gather the small petals in a bunch, each petal facing inward, and wrap this bunch with floral tape.
- Start arranging middle size petals around the small petals as in the photo, and wrap with floral tape.
- Repeat with large petals on the bottom row.
- Wrap all the floral wires with green floral tape to make the stem of the flower.
- Attach leaf to stem with floral tape.
Voila! You now have the most beautiful paper flower. Place it in a vase and admire!
Category: Free SVG Files, Paper Flowers, Scrapbook Paper Projects