These paper napkin candles have got to be one of the easiest paper crafts ever. Some plain old white candles from Walmart were embellished with tissue paper, and the results are stunning. Remember the holidays will soon be here, and with it comes all of the gift giving. These decorated candles make great gifts and don’t cost very much. Just follow the easy directions below. It takes less than 10 minutes to create this project. Easy peasy!!!
- Tissue paper or paper napkins
- Candle (white or light color is preferred)
- Heat embossing tool, or hair dryer
- Paper cutter
- Wax paper
- Cut tissue paper into strips with the paper cutter.
- Attach tissue paper around the candle secure with a pin
- Wrap a piece of wax paper around the entire candle
- Heat with a hair dryer or embossing tool. When the wax paper gets a shiny look move to another spot on the candle. Continue until the whole candle surface has that wet shiny look.
- Remove wax paper and pins
- Your beautiful candle is now ready for use
The candle with swirls was made out of a paper napkin. Just pull apart the napkin layers and use the top piece where the design is printed. I wrapped the entire candle with a napkin and applied heat.The results were stunning. I couldn’t believe how good it looked with so little effort on my part.
You know what I am giving my friends and family for Christmas this year 🙂
A word of warning: Always use common sense when burning candles. Never leave a burning candle unattended.