I was shopping at the grocery store the other day and saw some American Greeting Wrapping Paper that I loved. I thought it would make an adorable gift bag, and I am pleased with the results
Paper crafts can be done with almost any kind of paper, as long as there is some imagination thrown in. Wrapping paper is kind of flimsy, so to add stability, use adhesive spray to attach the wrapping paper to a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.
These gift bags are quick and easy to make and can be easily personalized to fit any occasion. Give your friends a gift that is special and made from your heart. They will love it.
- Adhesive glue spray
- American Greetings Wrapping Paper
- X Acto Knife
- Tacky Glue
- 2.25 Scalloped circle cut from white card stock.
- One gemstone
- 1 3/4 inch circle punch
- Bone Folder
- Double sided mounting tape
- Download template
- Print template onto 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.
- Cut a 12 x 12 piece of wrapping paper and spray adhesive to glue wrapping paper onto card stock.
- Cut template with Xacto knife and ruler. Use a bone folder to score fold lines.
- Glue edges of the bag with tacky glue, and fold bag at fold lines.
- Wrap and glue ribbon onto the top of the bag as in the photo.
- Use double sided mounting tape to attach the scalloped circle to the bag.
- Punch 1 3/4 inch circle out of wrapping paper scraps.
- Use double sided mounting tape to attach the circle to scalloped circle.
- Glue gemstone to the middle of the circle.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon to form tails as in the picture.
- Use tape or glue to attach ribbons to the bottom side of the scalloped circle.
Give a gift to someone you care about, just because!