I prefer the “less is more” design approach to my craft projects because this method gives a project elegance in simplicity. This Free Christmas Greeting Card papercraft project features an easy layout that is quick to make.
- One sheet of 8.5 x 11 brown Kraft paper cardstock
- One sheet of 8.5 x 11 white glitter paper card stock
- One sheet of 8.5 x 11 beige linen letterhead paper
- Cellophane tape
- Tacky glue
- Red star embellishments
- Glue runner
- Xacto Knife
- Metal Ruler
- *(Optional) Digital die cut machine
- Handwritten Merry Christmas Stamp
- Red stamping ink
1. Download and print the template (using the download form below) on the backside of an 8.5″ x 11″ piece of Kraft paper card stock and cut out the tree shape with a ruler and a Xacto knife. Because many people now own digital die-cut machines, I have also included files for download.
2. After you have cut the tree shape for the Kraft cardstock fold the paper in half using a bone folder to give your card a sharp crease.
3. Cut a 4.25″ x 7.75″ rectangle from the white glitter cardstock.
4. Attach the white glitter square with cellophane tape to the back of the cutout tree making sure the holes are covered entirely.
5. Remove .25″ from the edges of an 8.5″ x 11″ piece of beige linen letterhead paper.
6. Fold the beige letterhead in half with a bonefolder.
7. Run a line of glue down the centerfold of the kraft paper cut out card, making sure to leave .25″ margin at the top and bottom of the fold.
8. Insert the beige linen paper fold over the centerfold of the card making sure the centers line up perfectly and press with the bone folder.
9. Place a glue line with the glue runner around the inner edges of the beige linen insert and press down onto the kraft paper card background.
10. Glue red star embellishments with tacky glue onto the front of the card as in the photo above, to resemble garland.
11. Ink the Handwritten Merry Christmas stamp and stamp the greeting in the center below the cutout tree.
That’s it. Now you have a beautiful handmade Christmas Card that was quick and easy to make to give to your friends and family. They will appreciate the fact that you took the time to craft them a card, and you will love the fact that this Free Christmas Greeting Card is simple, fun and quick to make.
Christmas Tree Card Zip Files
Send download link to:
Make sure to check out the following articles for more Christmas crafts and tips!
How to Make Dried Orange Slices for Christmas Crafts and Holiday Decor