If you have followed some of my previous posts, you know that I am a big fan of doodle and Zentangle inspired art. This art form is one of the best stress relievers out there and is so easy to do. Anyone can get beautiful results! Give it a try sometime; I promise you will love it!
If you want to learn how to create your own beautiful works of art, I suggest you check out the Zentangle site and read some of the Zentangle books such as this: Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being These sites have excellent instructions and design ideas.
I was in a doodle art kind of mood today and decided to work on what I consider an upscale type of Valentine card. I wanted it to be unique and different from the run of the mill cards out there, so I come up with this heart, pretty which I am offering as a free printable. I have also included die cut files for the petal/pochette envelope that surrounds the card. Make this card for your true love following the directions below!
- 12x 12 sheet of red card stock
8.5 x 11 sheet of cream card stock
- double sided tape
- scissors and or die cut
- beautiful ribbon
- Download the free printable and die cut files here.
- Print the heart on cream colored card stock.
- Cut the heart on the outside lines. You should now have a square that measures 5.125 x 5.125 inches.
- Cut out the petal/pochette envelope from 12 x 12 red card stock.
- Attach the heart to the middle of the petal envelope with double sided tape.
- Fold the envelope using the above photo for guidance.
- Tie the envelope with a pretty ribbon.
Now give the card to someone you care about! Wasn’t that easy?
Here is a quick and easy Valentine paper craft project. Tell the special person in your life just how long your love will last!
All you have to do is download the template, (files for most die cut machines are included), cut out the tea light surround from 12 x 12 card stock, and glue a square of white tissue paper to the back of your cut outs.
Fold the paper tea light surround, (or leave in round shape) and glue the ends together in the back.
There you have it! Valentine surrounds are a quick and easy project that looks great!
I recommend using electric tea lights because they are so much safer than candles, and still look realistic.
Everyone loves to get a gift on Valentine’s Day. Get a free printable and make a cute Valentine gift box! This favor box would be lovely filled with homemade goodies and such.
- Download the valentine gift box template
- White Grosgrain Ribbon
- Glue Stick
- Bone Folder
- Xacto Knife
- Download the box template.Print the template onto 11 x 17 cardstock. If your printer is unable to print on 11 x 17 paper, go to a copy center such as Staples, Kinko’s, etc. and print out the template.
- Cut out template carefully, using a ruler and Xacto knife. This step should be done by adults only!!!
- Using a bone folder, ruler and the box template as a guide for folding, score out the folds.
- Assemble the box, using a glue stick to attach long sides. Then glue the bottom flaps.
- Fill the box with present then glue top flap.
- Glue heart onto the top flap.
- Make a small bow out of grosgrain, and glue onto a heart.
Your gift is now ready for that special someone!!!