It’s a paper Reindeer party! I have included a pdf file for download, plus free cutting files for most die cut machines. These paper reindeer look lovely as a table decoration, or you can just poke a hole, add some string and have a paper Christmas ornament for your tree.
All you have to do is cut the deer parts out of card stock, glue together using tacky glue, and add a festive ribbon around the deer’s neck. Just watch that you don’t stick the bottom of the reindeer’s body together. You have to be able to spread that section open so that the deer can stand.
Hope you enjoy this very easy to make paper reindeer Christmas Ornament.
Download the free Zentangle inspired Christmas Card here.
Believe it or not, Christmas is just around the corner. It is time to start thinking about Christmas crafting and hand made gifts for our friends and loved ones.
I have been fascinated lately with doodling and Zentangle. I feel this is a beautiful and natural art form that anyone can master. It is also fun and relieves stress. I wrote an article awhile back featuring Zentangle inspired bookmarks for download that you might find interesting. You can read it here.
I thought it would be fun designing a Christmas card featuring Zentangle art, and am quite pleased with my result. I am offering the free printable Christmas card download to enjoy during this holiday season. The card is an 8.5 x 11 layout, and looks best on cream colored card stock. Hope you like it!
I have discovered something wonderful this year. I don’t know why I was unaware that it existed. I found glitter wrapping paper, and discovered it is great to use for paper craft projects! It is easy to cut and is so cheap when compared to 12 x 12 glitter scrapbook paper.
Walmart sells several colors of glitter wrapping paper at $4 per roll. Glitter scrapbook paper costs $1.99 per sheet in my area. What a difference! We all are trying to save money where we can, as paper crafting can be expensive.
Just cut the wrapping paper into 12 x 12 squares and use adhesive spray to attach it to 12 x 12 pieces of card stock. Voila! You now have glittered scrapbook paper for pennies. Gotta love it.
On to today’s paper craft project. Decorate your Christmas table with easy to make table top 3D Christmas trees. They are very easy to make and look fantastic when lit with led tea candles.
- Glitter Wrapping Paper
- 12 x 12 card stock
- Spray Adhesive
- Glue Stick
- led tea lights
- Download template from easypapercrafts.com
- Attach 12 x 12 square piece of glitter wrapping paper to a 12 x 12 piece of card stock with spray adhesive. Press firmly with hand and let dry. ( About 30 minutes)
- Use your die cut machine to cut out the 3D Christmas tree. You can cut by hand, but it will take time. Just transfer the pdf template to your 12 x 12 glitter card stock, and cut out with a ruler and X-Acto knife.
- Score and fold at fold lines.
- *This is important.*Remove the glitter paper gently from the tab area. Glitter paper will not stick when glue is applied. You must remove it from the tab, to attach to the back of template and form the 3d tree.
- Put an led tea light under the tree to light. It is much safer and easier to use electric tea lights.
- Cut out 2 star shapes as above.
- Glue a toothpick to the back of one star shape. Glue the back of the second star and place over the toothpick. Place the star into the top hole of the 3d Christmas tree.
- Enjoy your beautiful and easy to make Christmas decoration.
Decorate your holiday table with this beautiful Star of Bethlehem paper craft favor box. Just follow the instructions below! These star boxes are relatively easy to make and look lovely when filled with foil wrapped candy.
- 12″x12″ piece of Cardstock.
- Glitter wrapping paper ( I bought mine at Walmart, very inexpensive and comes in a variety of colors)
- Spray adhesive
- Glue Stick
- Download template
- Cut out template onto cardstock ( Die cut files for most machines are included in the download, or you can use scissors)
- Cut a piece of wrapping paper big enough to cover the surface of one side of the cut template
- Spray one side of the template with adhesive glue and place the wrapping paper onto the template and smooth out with hand.
- Cut around the edges of the template with scissors.
- Fold the template at the score marks and then unfold.
- Cut another sheet of wrapping paper big enough to cover the back side of the template
- Spray the back side of the template with spray adhesive and smooth with hand.
- Cut the wrapping paper to the edge of the template with scissors.
- Fold the template at score lines.
- Use a glue stick to glue tabs to the inside of the star box.
- Fill the Star of Bethlehem favor box with foil wrapped candy, place on your holiday table and enjoy!
I prefer the “less is more” design approach to my craft projects. This paper craft project features a simple design that is also quick and easy to make.
Just download and print the template on the backside of an 8.5″ x 11″ piece of Silver Starburst specialty paper (available at JoAnn’s fabrics and crafts store) and cut out. Line with an 8.5″ 11″ piece of paper that has been trimmed one-quarter inch all around. Use a paper punch to cut red dots from paper and glue the dots onto the front of the card as in the photo below.
That’s it. Now you have a beautiful handmade Christmas Card that was quick and easy to make to give to your friends and family